Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quick and Easy Birthday Banner

Tools used...cricut gypsy, expression, mother's day cartridge, 3-12 by 12 sheets of cute paper. I made a template on my gypsy using the pennent cut on the mother's day cart. I placed the letters inside the pennents and cut them out with cardstock. Then I cut just the pennent shape out in the patterned paper without the letters.
I have to admit I haven't found an adhesive I am in love with yet.(But my ATG gun is on the way) I'll let you know what I think. That is the long way of telling you I sewed them together because whatever adhesives I have I don't like. I used a zigzag stitch I liked and ran it around the edges. If you didn't have the Mothers Day cart. you could always just use a triangle shape from another one and place little circles in the corners of the triangle for hanging.
That is it..I strung them on my yarn and there they hang on my rustic mantle with my Christmas Decorations still up. We don't have basement steps yet inside our house, but we do have a big hole in our closet to our basement. So I am not taking down my decorations until the steps have been completed...but I digress.
I made the banner for my mother's birthday but I do believe it will stay up until my husbands as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment