Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Iron On Transfer Experiment

My first iron on transfer experience went fairly well. Funny thing is I made the onesies now I just need to give them as a gift. I got the dog template from Anna Marie Horner's blog. I actually scanned a fabric I had and printed it out on fabric transfer paper. I suppose it would be considered the lazy crafters applique. I cut out the shape of the puppy and follow the paper's instructions. The flowers are from scraps of the paper that I just cut out and placed in the shape of a flower. I still have so many scraps left I could probably make 4 more flower shirts or onesies. Using this technique the possibilities are endless. I can't wait to try many many more. It pays to be creative when using your scraps you never know what you will come up with.
Another option would be to cut the paper with the cricut. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon. How cute would that be to coordinate a first birthday onesie with all the other decorations based off of whichever cartridge you were using. That new once upon a princess cart or hello kitty. I also saw a picture somewhere of a new robot cartridge coming out this year. For all of you women who craft but don't sew this is the project for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment