Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Mantle

The 3d hearts are just 2 hearts with half of the top of one slit in the middle and half of the bottom of one slit in the middle. I slid them together and put a bead of hot glue on each side to hold it together.

The "Flowers" are various sizes of circles and flower cuts layered in different papers. Then I hot glued them to wilton cake dowel rods used for layering cakes.


These heart stands were made in DS but could easily be made gluing rectangles to the back of a heart. I welded a heart to a long rectangle in DS after making a copy of the altered heart I was using. I lined them up to fit as many on a page as I could. Then I cut the hearts out and the letters spelling out be mine. I wish I would have used all dark colored paper for the hearts so the letters would show up better. Then to assemble I glued the letters to hearts then hearts to the stand. I scored the stand at 4 inches, 6.5 inches, and 9.5 inches. I folded up the triangle and glued the end piece of the stand back onto itself forming a triangle and stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment